HT: 6'2" WT: 235
Who knew?...Hit .310 as rookie catcher in 442 AB, though 82% of hits were singles...Did collect 19 2B, and looks good for 15+ HR, this year...No real challenge for catcher position means that Paulino should match or exceed ABs...Basically an offensive catcher; good arm, not very mobile or quick, blocks balls in the dirt well...Mainly an arm hitter now, but will learn to drive the ball...Arm extension makes him somewhat vulnerable to the inside fastball...Heavy even for catcher, and will have to be careful not to gain even more...Slow on the bases, so his value lies more in RBIs than runs scored.
Originally posted on sportingnews.com, Mar. 7, 2007.
- Royals' 1st Rd Pick Coming To Legends
- Player Interview: Mitchell Lambson, LHP, Houston Astros (MiLB)
- Season Update Part 2: Lexington Legends, 6-18-2015
- Are You There, God? It's Me...Carlos
- Division Leaders: AL West - May 15th, 2015
- Player Interview: Evan Gattis, C, Rome Braves (Class A, South Atlantic League)